Does Callroute work with Microsoft Skype for Business?
Callroute is only supported with Microsoft Teams, and all Teams user accounts configured for Callroute must have an upgrade policy set to the Teams Only coexistence mode.
If your organisation is only using Teams (no Skype for Business users), setting the coexistence mode to Teams Only in the Org-Wide Teams Upgrade settings is recommended.
Important: There is no reverting back from the Teams Only coexistence mode. Once you set it to Teams Only all Skype for Business users will be forced to use Microsoft Teams.
If your organisation is using Skype for Business Online, you will need to set a coexistence mode on a per-user basis. So that you understand the implications of setting individual users to Teams Only while you have other users still using Skype for Business Online, here’s a list and description of each coexistence mode:
- Islands – Use this setting if you want users to be able to use both Skype for Business and Teams simultaneously.
- Skype for Business only – Use this setting if you want your users to only use Skype for Business.
- Skype for Business with Teams collaboration – Use this setting if you want your users to use Skype for Business in addition to using Teams for group collaboration (channels).
- Skype for Business with Teams collaboration and meetings – Use this setting if you want your users to use Skype for Business in addition to using Teams for group collaboration (channels) and Teams meetings.
- Teams only – Use this setting if you want your users to use only Teams. Note that even with this setting, users can still join meetings hosted in Skype for Business.
Set the Coexistence Mode for your entire Organisation
Log into the Teams Admin Center and go to Org-Wide Settings followed by Teams Upgrade. From the drop down list under Coexistence Mode, choose Teams Only
Set the Coexistence Mode for Each User
If you are not migrating all of your users from Skype for Business Online to Teams all at the same time, you will need to assign a Teams Only coexistence mode to each user individually. Additionally, users with an explicit coexistence mode set against their account will override the above org-wide coexistence mode.
To check a user account log into the Teams Admin Center go to Users and click on a User Name to view their settings.
- If you want the user to follow the above org-wide setting, edit Teams Upgrade, and set the Coexistence Mode to Use Org-Wide Settings.
- If you want to set the user to an explicit setting, edit Teams Upgrade, and set the Coexistence Mode to the desired state. For example, Teams Only.
- When a user is provisioned for Teams Direct Routing, their Coexistence Mode should be checked first. If it’s not set to Teams Only, it should be changed during the provisioning process.
Learn how to improve your team collaboration with fewer tools using our Guide to Microsoft Teams.