Callroute Requirements for a Successful Integration with Microsoft Teams
To connect Callroute to your Microsoft Teams tenancy, you need to ensure you have met the following requirements
You will need to check that you have:
- A Microsoft user account in your target Microsoft tenancy with Global Admin rights.
When connecting Callroute to the Microsoft tenancy this global admin user is required to login during the automated setup process in order to configure the Callroute service. The connected user account is also used by Callroute to make ongoing configuration changes requested through the Callroute portal. More details on this topic the can be found here.
Global Admin rights are only required for the initial provisioning of the Teams service, specifically in relation to activation and verification of the domain. Once the Callroute Teams service is active the user role can be downgraded to Teams admin for purposes of day to day operation. We also recommend you create a dedicated service user for this purpose, refer the relevant article.
- One unassigned Microsoft 365 or Office 365 user license that includes Microsoft Teams + Skype for Business Plan 2.
The following license types can be used:
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 E1 / A1 / G1 / F1
- Office 365 E3 / A3 / G3 / F3
- Office 365 E5 / A5 / G5 / F5
- When the Callroute service is initially configured, a temporary User account is created in Office 365 to complete the activation. This user is assigned a license during the activation process. Once the integration is finished, you can safely remove this user from your Office 365 setup and unassign the license.
- A Microsoft License that includes Teams and Phone System for each user in the that intends to use the Callroute service for telephony – more information